Tuesday, November 08, 2005

BEACH LIFE


Posted by Picasa















My niece Marina Torres posing on the beach of La Gola
del Rio Ter with the Medas Islands on the background

.......................................................................................................................................

Beach life

The sea touches a sandy shore
where people who were young before
throw lines with bait of little fish
to get a big one out of this

Fantastic blue-green moving water:
my thoughts now wander to my daughter.
The rhyme and rhythm of these lines
take me away to other times

When we were younger: not so much
and with a strong and eager touch
enjoyed then every beam of sun
before the midday had begun.

We looked for shells, enriching food
that Carmen made so tastely good.
A neighbour's baby joined the meal
and I'm still happy when I feel

That all these good things on the shore
meant happiness: a simple door
that opens when your smile and mood
make you as human feel so good.

Maybe that fisherman's still trying
to get a big fish from the blue.
I put myself down without crying
and whispered softly: 'I love you'.





No comments: